Who is the Centennial PTA?
We are parents, teachers and others who have an interest in the children, families and staff of Centennial Elementary. Learn more about our PTA Goals here.
Why join the PTA?
There are many great reasons for joining the Centennial PTA, including:
- You will be granted access to the online Centennial Student Directory, which is also available as an App for your mobile device. Access is free with your PTA Membership.
- Your membership dues help support and fund the total cost of many fun and educational programs and activities made available for ALL Centennial students and families, as well as many great initiatives to support our beloved Centennial teachers and staff.
- Become a member of the largest child advocacy organization in the state with over 500,000 members across Texas.
What does Centennial Elementary PTA do for you, the students of Centennial, the teachers and the school?
The Centennial PTA plans, supports and/or funds the following:
Community Building Events:
- Fall & Spring Family Picnics
- PE Color FUN RUN
- Welcome Coffee
- Cultural Diversity Night
- 5th Grade Graduation Celebration
- Community Outreach
- Watch Dogs Program
- Weekly PTA eNewsletter
- Centennial Yearbook
- Author Visits
- Assemblies (Science, Culture, Drug Awareness)
- National PTA Reflections Program
- Grade Level Parties
- Field Day
- Red Ribbon Drug Prevention Week
- Spirit Wear
- Book Fair
- Science Fair
- Texas Day
- Afterschool Enrichment
- School Beautification Efforts (Landscaping, Playground and Hardtop upgrades)
- Classroom Technology
- Assist in Funding Learning Commons / Maker Space Transition
- Grade Level Field Trips
- Student Agendas
- Reading Program Celebrations (Bluebonnet, Texas 2x2)
- Fulfill Teacher Wish Lists
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Teacher & Staff Birthday Cakes
- Grade-level Volunteer Coordinators (workroom, Kinder big centers)
- Classroom Room Representatives
For a detailed description of the above listed programs, please visit our PROGRAMS section.
- Sunday, October 2
- Monday, October 3
- Wednesday, October 5
- Thursday, October 6
- Monday, October 10
- Tuesday, October 11
- Wednesday, October 19
- Monday, October 24
- Tuesday, October 25
Stay up to date with Centennial PTA events and programs by subscribing to the Comet Connection.