2017-2018 Returning Students Registration
- Beginning August 1, 2017, parents should log on to Parent Portal at http://parentportal.pisd.edu You will need your child’s legal name, campus (Centennial) and student ID # (The ID # is the # they use to buy lunch at school and log on to the school computer).
- On the left side of the screen, scroll to the blue box that says Student Registration, select the name of your child.
- You will notice 4 huge red Xs next to each part that needs updating/changing. Once you have successfully completed each section a green check mark will appear. The entire process will take about 15 minutes.
- Update your child’s 2017-2018 Emergency Information Authorization Form
- Sign the Truancy Letter
- Sign the Student Policy Packet
- Sign the Student Information Release form (you don't want your kiddo to miss out on being in the yearbook, do you?)
- Sign up for the Centennial eNews (go to the section titled eNews in the upper right hand corner). Choose Centennial and hit UPDATE. The school has gone paperless therefore everything is electronic and this is the only way the school communicate with families.
The above MUST be completed by 5:00 p.m Wednesday, August 16, 2017 in order for your child's homeroom teacher to be released and viewed via Parent Portal on Thursday, August 17, 2017.
HOW TO CREATE A PARENT PORTAL ACCOUNT
1. Open up your internet browser and go to http://parentportal.pisd.edu
2. Click on the “Register Here” link near the bottom of the page.
3. Enter the required information. Be sure to complete every field. If you have more than one student in PISD you will only need to submit the form for one student. The system will recognize all PISD students in your household.
4. After your Parent Portal account is created an email will be sent to you at the email address you provided.
5. If you have questions about the process, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgInclude the legal name of your child, their ID# and the school name. They will respond within 48 hours. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE SCHOOL.
6. Your child should know their six-digit ID #. It is the one they use to purchase lunch at school and sign on to the school computers.