Important Enrichment Parent Information
Thank you for your interest and participation in the Centennial PTA sponsored after-school enrichment programs! Please refer to these important details regarding your students' participation in any of our after-school enrichment programs. Please contact the PTA enrichment or chess chair with questions or concerns, and not the Centennial Staff.
- Your child will be directed to the appropriate enrichment classroom right after school lets out at 2:45 every Tuesday or Wednesday (as applies to your student). Please note PASAR students will check-in to PASAR first, then proceed to their enrichment classroom.
- Your child will be provided with a nut-free snack (i.e. Goldfish crackers, Cheezits or pretzels) as we call roll for the class. Please have them bring their own water bottle if they want a drink (water only please!). If your child has special dietary needs or allergies such that you do not want them to have the provided snack, please RESPOND to me only and let me know, and send them with their own dry snack each week. If the snack provided is not sufficient for your student, feel free to send them with an additional nut-free snack for enrichment.
- At the end of each class, your child will be dismissed based on the information you provided when registering (carpool, walk/ride bike or PASAR). Please see details for the dismissal process you selected for your child below. We appreciate your patience and support as our highest priority is ensuring the safety of your children:
- Carpool: Please park and walk to the school entrance to get your child(ren). Please bring your student's Centennial name placard (salmon or blue card) used during standard carpool or walker dismissal. This will help ensure student safety and aid in the efficiency of dismissal. Children will not be released to walk unaccompanied to a parked car unless walk/ride bike has been selected as dismissal mode AND if they are in grades 3 to 5. Please arrive just before 4:00 so you are there when the children are dismissed. PLEASE BE PROMPT - there are no childcare services provided for the program, and parent volunteers have other commitments to get to. Also, make sure that you follow the crosswalk and carpool rules outlined by Mrs. Stewart in prior emails.
- Walk / Ride Bike: Children will be released from the school after the enrichment program at 4 pm. Enrichment volunteers will not hold children with Walk / Ride Bike dismissal for parents to arrive. This dismissal should only be used for children who can comfortably and independently get to their adult / home.
- PASAR: As stated above, PASAR children will check in to PASAR before enrichment begins. Children will be taken directly to PASAR after enrichment program is complete at 4 pm. If there are any changes in how your child is going home, those should be communicated directly to PASAR. (For example, if you decide to pick your PASAR child up at 4 pm after enrichment, please plan to pick your child up from the PASAR team, not the enrichment volunteers) Any changes in pick-up must be communicated through the PASAR staff as Centennial staff and Enrichment volunteers are not at liberty to modify a PASAR child's dismissal.
- Please consider volunteering for at least one enrichment period per semester to help support these programs! These programs are coordinated by volunteers who could use an extra hand to help with role call, distributing snacks, and dismissal. Sign-up to volunteer HERE.
- If your child will be absent any week, please send an email to Chess@centennialpta.
netor Enrichment@CentennialPTA.net so they can be accounted for prior to roll call. Please do not contact the school or PASAR with enrichment-related questions as these programs are coordinated entirely by the PTA.
- In order to ensure the continued safety and quality of our PTA programs for ALL participants, we ask that parents and students understand the Participation Policy. Participating children are expected to follow the same behavior expectations of Centennial Elementary as set in the PISD Student Policy Guide. Should a disciplinary issue arise, it will be communicated to parents as a Disciplinary Warning. After the first Disciplinary Warning, further issues will result in the removal of the student from the program. Program registrations will be non-refundable after program has commenced (as registration costs are paid directly to third party organizations). The PTA thanks you for your understanding and support!
- Friday, January 18
- Monday, January 21
- Wednesday, January 23
- Thursday, January 24
- Thursday, February 7
- Thursday, February 14
- Monday, February 18
- Friday, March 1
- Monday, March 11
- Tuesday, March 12
- Wednesday, March 13
- Thursday, March 14
- Friday, March 15
- Friday, March 29
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support the Centennial PTA every time you shop, at no cost to you. Click the link below to find out how easy it is to support our amazing PTA!